nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XML Sitemap not Generating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogywoogy
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Hi i have a funny problem the sitemap module is working fine as long as you are physically accessing it at Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!.

But when you try to access the dynamic XML Sitemap which is required to be submitted to Google Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! then the xml site map is not opening and instead the a page exactly like Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! is opening up.

Any idea how do i correct this problem?

I have G tapped the Sitemap module and GT is working fine (urls are getting short in the sitemap) but the xml is not getting generated.

I removed the GT-Sitemap.php from the GT Folder still the XML Sitemap did not get generated.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

izone
webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Hi.

I assume that you codes in GT-Sitmap.php and .htaccess are right.

Then you have to move up your code for http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=google and put it above the codes for http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap

You have to do it in both .htaccess and GT-Sitemap.php!

Good luck.

Ps. I have no idea about if it is good to GT site map. Is it better to do it? or is it better to Google get the NUke URL insted? And why?

boogywoogy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

HI the code i am using for GT-Sitemap php is
Code:
<?php

$urlin = array(
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Forums&amp;file=viewtopic&amp;t=([0-9]*)&amp;mode=&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=([0-9]*)&amp;mode=&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=getit&amp;lid=([0-9]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Surveys&amp;op=results&amp;pollID=([0-9]*)'"
);

$urlout = array(
"ftopict-\\1.html",
"article\\1.html",
"download-file-\\1.html",
"survey-results-\\1.html"
);
?>

This code i got in this forum only and i did not have to touch the .htaccess its working anyway!

As for
Quote:
Then you have to move up your code for http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=google and put it above the codes for http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap

i am not getting what you are indicating.

The problem is still there even if i dont GT the sitemap.

As for
Quote:
Ps. I have no idea about if it is good to GT site map. Is it better to do it? or is it better to Google get the NUke URL insted? And why?
Its just because i have GTapped the site for short search engine friendly urls, and i want to feed the same url to the search engines from every corner of the site and which are search engine friendly.

Regards

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Capitalize the G in Google to get the sitemap to work.

e.g. http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?name=Sitemap&op=Google

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Did you make some changes to it? It was working, then displayed an error.

izone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

boogywoogy wrote:
HI the code i am using for GT-Sitemap php is
Code:
<?php

$urlin = array(
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Forums&amp;file=viewtopic&amp;t=([0-9]*)&amp;mode=&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid=([0-9]*)&amp;mode=&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Downloads&amp;op=getit&amp;lid=([0-9]*)'",
"'(?<!/)modules.php\?name=Surveys&amp;op=results&amp;pollID=([0-9]*)'"
);

$urlout = array(
"ftopict-\\1.html",
"article\\1.html",
"download-file-\\1.html",
"survey-results-\\1.html"
);
?>

This code i got in this forum only and i did not have to touch the .htaccess its working anyway!

As for
Quote:

i am not getting what you are indicating.

The problem is still there even if i dont GT the sitemap.

As for
Quote:
Its just because i have GTapped the site for short search engine friendly urls, and i want to feed the same url to the search engines from every corner of the site and which are search engine friendly.

Regards

Sorry, I thought you are going to GT the address for Sitemap so it will be www.yoursite.com/sitemap.php Confused Sad

boogywoogy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Hi the Capital G Shocked did indeed generate a XML sitemap but i got an XML Phrasing error. Upon checking the source code of Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! i realised the phrasihg error is coming due to an old unresolved issue of the site.

If you check this link Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! you will know what i mean. After the Print portion of an article the whole site is visible below it. Where as only the printarticle should be visible only like in Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!.

Exactly the same problem is happening in the XML site map if you check the source code of Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

you will see after the XML ends .. Starts the HTML Coding of the site ...when i saved the source code as an html file its looking like this - here the problem is much more evident and clear ... Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

So the XML site map though getting generated its getting corrupted due to some core issue of the sites coding.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

As for

Quote:
Sorry, I thought you are going to GT the address for Sitemap so it will be www.yoursite.com/sitemap.php
i think its a very good idea if we can have a file like yoursite.com/sitemap.html/php or something.

One more thing i saw in the source code that the urls have not been GTapped where as in Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! it has been GTapped. Any idea whats happening? Exclamation

Regards Shocked

boogywoogy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Hi figured out the main problem and the sitemap is generating now at Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

There was a space problem in the main file php and that resolved the issue.

But i am still wondering why are not the urls not getting GTapped in the XML Sitemap. (In the physical sitemap its getting GTapped)

Its coming like this in the XML one http://press.xtvworld.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13523&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Where as after GTapped it will be
http://press.xtvworld.com/article13523.html

Any ideas?

Regards

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

It shouldn't matter to Google that the URLs aren't tapped. However, Montego did some work with tapping the sitemap and posted messages in the forums here. Did you see that?

boogywoogy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

I checked a few posts and infact the GT-Sitemap.php that i am using code coming from one of Montego's post only.

But what i understand form the issues discussed here is that the XML Sitemap is not being google tapped but the physical sitemap is being GTapped.

Also there was some discussio on removing
Code:
&mode=&order=0&thold=0 
from the xml map's url, it was mentioned it will be part of the next release.

Am just wodering if i just change
Code:
'?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid='.$id.'&amp;mode=&amp;order=0&amp;thold=0';
in my news file which are there in the content folder of the sitemap module with this
Code:
'?name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid='.$id;
and also in the GT-Sitemap.php file..

Will it be right to drop a piece of code like that? or there is another way?

Regards

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Sounds like it might work...never hurts to try. Just remember that if you change any of the content objects, don't leave a backup in the same directory.

boogywoogy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

I tried that direct code drop trick but the xml phrasing error is coming back and the urls are also breaking up like
Code:
&
is coming like
Code:
&amp
in the xml map's source code, so i keep the present one till next version comes out.

For the next releases of your NukeSEO pack i have few feature requests, dont know if it is the tight place to put it or not

1) Incorporating that GTapped look like article1234.html in xml maps (looks clean surely and says same to google bot and google sitemap reader if site is GTapped) Infact i will suggest if you can keep the GT file as part of your next release it will help a lot of GT users. (Why not include some GT Module it self)

2) Having more control over the Map like - Breaking up of the Site Map into mini sections like News, Forum, Downloads and with links ti each map from a central module.

It will reasonably help large sites as our we already have 13700+ pages in news section only and the present map it takes good amount of time to load in the browser if visitor is loading map in browser.

Right now if we include other sections it will be much bigger so i am keeping news only and i want to feed the whole map to google

3) Some porcess like Feed Validator which points out to XML Phrasing errors and related corrections

One note: I tried to use some sitemap generators to index and generate xml file Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! it actually took 7 days to do that and that to after machine almost ran out of RAM i stopped it.

This on the fly generation of xml sitemap just ROCKS Razz

montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: XML Sitemap not Generating Reply with quote

Sorry that I have been away from all of this... trying to catch up. I will be providing support for "tapping" these non-core module type links in an upcoming release of what I am calling TegoNuke(tm) ShortLinks. My plan is to also have downloads for additional modules / hacks that I like (such as nukeSEO!) as either I create them or others provide them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: