nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mSearch problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aseitz
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: mSearch problem Reply with quote

Kguske,

I installed mSearch and it rocks, thanks! But, of course, there is a problem.

Actually 2 problems...

#1: The configuration data on the admin page for mSearch is empty and when I try to add and save data in it, the form errors out and tells me "Sorry, an error occured while updating the configuration." I can't seem to get it working.

#2: The search returns some results and additionaly tells me there are more results, which it politly links too. However when you click on the link to go to the extra results, the page is blank.

I would be more than happy to give you an admin login at Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! if you would like to see any of this for yourself.

I get the feeling that some databse tables are missing, but there is nothing in the installation directions about adding sql of any kind.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: mSearch problem Reply with quote

1) You might need to create the configuration table with SQL...wasn't that in the download?

2) If you're using NSN addons like NSN News and NSN Group Downloads, the mSearch links won't work. What URL is it trying to pull up? Is Nuke installed in a subdirectory?

Aseitz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: mSearch problem Reply with quote

Here is an example of a returned seach result: http://guild.dead-hamster.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=54&mode=&order=0&thold=0

As you can see, it's the old news format and not the NSN News format.

Very Happy

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: mSearch problem Reply with quote

Right...that's the problem. We haven't yet created an mSearch module for NSN news, at least not your version.

Aseitz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: mSearch problem Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Right...that's the problem. We haven't yet created an mSearch module for NSN news, at least not your version.

Oh I see how it is ... hold out the "new version carrot" and dangle it a bit why don't you? When is a fancy-dancy new version gonna be availble for beta testing? Very Happy

... oh and btw, I did miss the sql stuff in the instructions, I added it in and it took care of the settings problem, the news link problem does still exist though.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: mSearch problem Reply with quote

Funny. No new version is needed - just a module object that works with NSN News 2.0. It can work with the current version once the appropriate module is created or an existing one is modified.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: