nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sentinel bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeromechanic
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: sentinel bug? Reply with quote

Sorry to post this here, but i'm not able to do anythig on the ravenphpscripts site when logged in, i get the forum index but this is empty so i cannot post it there.

This is the problem, when logged in as the god admin in phpnuke, i can enter the mod_auth in admin.php.

But when i log in as a superuser(extra account), and go to the mod_auth, sentinel blockes me with author abuse.

please some advice

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: sentinel bug? Reply with quote

If you could post which version of phpNuke you are using, which patch level you are at and of course which version of Sentinel you are using that may help - though it sounds like a cookie problem to me.

zeromechanic

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: sentinel bug? Reply with quote

my mistake,

using phpnuke 7.6 pl 3.1 (bbtonuke19, not upgraded yet)
and sentinel 2.4.2pl5(latest)

problem is also at a site with evertything latest(cs 3.2 patches incl. forums en sentinel 2.4.2pl5)

It only happens when a superuser(created through the mod_auth) tries to enter this same module.
Only when a "God" admin enters this module, everything is ok. But when a superuser tries to enter, he/she gets blocked by sentinel.
if the same user is made God-admin through PHPMyAdmin, that user can enter without any problems

Quote:
Reason: Abuse-Author
--------------------
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)
Query String: www.**.nl/admin.php?op=mod_authors
Get String: www.**.nl/admin.php?op=mod_authors
Post String: www.**.nl/admin.php
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: *********
Remote Port: none
Request Method: GET

Reason: Abuse-Admin
--------------------
User Agent: Opera/8.54 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)
Query String: www.**.nl/admin.php?op=content
Get String: www.**.nl/admin.php?op=content
Post String: www.**.nl/admin.php
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: *********
Remote Port: none
Request Method: GET

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: sentinel bug? Reply with quote

Did you 'scan for new admins' in Sentinel first and make sure the other admin acount IP address's were protected?

Duke
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: sentinel bug? Reply with quote

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's there just to ensure an added layer of security for your site. I personally think it's fantastic that a rogue Super User can only do so much because you need adminGOD access to configure Sentinals higher functions.

What you may also want to do asap is add your IP address to the Protected Ranges table.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: