nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to add more modules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hinksta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: How to add more modules Reply with quote

NukeSEO Very Happy

How do you add more modules to the sitemap, Web Links etc?

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

Do you mean in addition to the ones already there, as for different modules? If you know PHP, you can add custom or additional content types by creating a content object in the modules/Sitemap/content directory. Be careful not to have duplicate content types (even with different names) or backups, as this will break the Sitemap.

dirtbag
webmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

is there some better instructions on how to do this??? or do you need some pretty good php knowledge..

thanks

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

Define better... It seems easy enough to me, but it's probably not if you don't know an object-oriented language.

dirtbag

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

well basically i have my website and i defined the modules that i use that you already had setup...

FORUM
NEWS
SURVEYS

but i have a couple of custom third party modules that i would like to add to it also so that they get listed in the sitemap... mainly i have the a third party Downloads modules that i would like added... you can look here to see my site. my question is how hard is to get the links added??? sorry but i dont know php..

http://www.subfighter.com/modules.php?name=Digital_Goods

i guess my real questions is do i just need to create the one file in the

/modules/Sitemap/content/Digital_Goods.php

to make it work?

thanks
rick

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

The content types use PHP classes with inheritance, but are pretty simple really. If you look at the existing downloads content type (modules/Sitemap/content) you might be able to figure out how to modify that for your digital goods module.

There are some things that need to be defined (e.g. the table where the content is stored, and the field names that are used to search and identify / retrieve the content). If the content type uses a different URL structure to display the content, you'll need to specify that, too. But there should be enough examples in the default download to address most questions. If you want another example, download the additional content type for NSN Group Downloads.

Remember that a content type cannot have the same name as another content type and you cannot keep backup files in the content directory or the sitemap won't work.

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

Don't forget also that E-Solution (which is the full module you are using) has the option for shortened url's

dirtbag

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

yeah but i had problems with it not working as lucky if off in his own world.. i paid him 300 bucks for a project and he never did it.. yeah he did a lot of changes but i also help add all the gui layout and icons for him to make it look nice...

i dont know he just never finished stuff all the way.. he is got ADD or something... he bounces from one thing to the next.

how about you guardian did you get the Royal Downloads to work with the Sitemap? you more reliable and i always thank you for your time as you always been helpful..

i am using 1.5 as i made many of my own changes and fixes that i gave to lucky but he never added or fixed.. so i stuck with 1.5

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How to add more modules Reply with quote

I have the shortened url's turned on but I do intend to do something a little better when I have the time to fully understand how to do this properly. I have a number of custom modules on one of my new sites that need sorting out so hopefully will get around to it soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: