nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

phpbb post limit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: phpbb post limit Reply with quote

hey SEO before i start i just want to say nice web site i have used alot of stuff from your downloads so thanks for helping the nuke world

ok what i want to ask is..

if there is away i can set a post limited for visitors so they can only view say 4 forums posts then it says they have hit there limit and they need to sign up the reason for this is because my forums has details people need and i want them to sign up but the problem is if i lock my forums to the public google cant scan them so im stuck from being in new people and making current people sign up

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that might be quite difficult to do programmatically as you would need some method of tracking anonymous visitors and counting how many forum posts they had been to. At the same time, you would need to add exceptions for to the counter for specific useragents like Googlebot.

I think the closest and possibly easiest method would be to modify the session handler. *nuke tracks anonymous visitors and puts their IP address in the nuke_sessions table so it might be realtively easy to add some additional code their to auto-block and IP after a given amount of time. Not very efficient but doable.

If you are only concerned with Google and you have a Google account, you can use their Webmaster Tools to give Google it's own user account on your site which it can use so it could crawl the forums even if you switch them to registered user access only.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> General / Other Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: