nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Dynamic HEAD Tags Feedback
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
montego
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: New Dynamic HEAD Tags Feedback Reply with quote

I was going to mention something in a comment, but it looks as though comments may not be active in your news. Hopefully you do not mind me adding this post.

First of all, my hat is off to you for taking this up and I am excited that this is starting to take shape. I have one question and one comment. First the question:

Are you planning on generating the Title, Description and Meta keywords on each page dynamically so that every page at least has something similar to what Dynamic Titles was doing? (Yes, I would love to not have to continue with Dynamic Titles because it makes more sense to be included in an overall SEO package rather than be piecemeal. JMO.)

Next I got to thinking about the editing block. Given that with RavenNuke(tm) we have some themes which cut out the left blocks (which I actually use this on several sites), it might be better for admins to see some kind of icon or link at the very top of the page. Guardian did something like this for his PHP Debugger add-on.

Looking good sir! Can't wait to see if in action.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: New Dynamic HEAD Tags Feedback Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Are you planning on generating the Title, Description and Meta keywords on each page dynamically so that every page at least has something similar to what Dynamic Titles was doing?

Yes. It generates the title, meta description and meta keywords for each page dynamically and allows these to be specified / overridden (and stored in a table) by an admin.

montego wrote:
it might be better for admins to see some kind of icon or link at the very top of the page.

I hadn't thought about that. My thought was that an admin should see the tags on every page so they could determine if it needed to be overridden. For non-admins, it could simply display a tag cloud using the keywords. But maybe we could have an icon that displays the tag values and allows them to be edited.

For generated tags and tags defined at a higher level, should the icon be a warning? Maybe we have one for each of the 3 primary tags (you will eventually be able to override any META tags through an advanced option) so the admin can see the status of the current page, then view / change the tags by clicking an icon?

Guardian
webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you about M.
Actually, while we are talking abut a 'link', something I have always wanted to do but never got around to doing was create a narrow grey toolbar the full width of the browser window that is placed visually above the site header to contain an admin functions type menu so admin functions can be directly accessed and now we have RNYA it would be cool to have it display waiting uers, waiting content etc too.

Sorry for going well off-topic!

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of like the one that appears on nukecops if you aren't logged in, or the one on NukeScripts ?

The content class approach lends itself to the waiting content idea, and I've already done some analysis on that...

montego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, "G", that is an excellent idea! Now, why didn't I think of it given that I use b2evolution, which does exactly that! Smile

kguske, that could really make for a nice addition to RN I think and I like your idea of even moving the waiting content somehow visible via that menu and get that block completely out of the site's way. I would actually love to see the whole admin menu move up there.

What a fantastic idea "G"!

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kguske - yes, exactly that sort of thing.
montego - Yes, that was what I was thinking of. If you are logged in as an admin for Wordpress, b2evolution etc you have that excellent 'toolbar' which gives you direct access to the majority of admin functions and my thought about having such a menu was originally inspired by the Worpress system.

It just makes so much sense to me to utilise something like that as a drop down menu system is so much easier to navigate then clicking around all over the place.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I'll work with (mb)Menu and see what I can come up with. Initially, it will be waiting content and editing the meta tags. If possible, I'll add in user functions (why not?) and admin functions.

Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, awesome!

montego

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Awesome!

eldorado

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to interrupt the frenzy.
You are really awsome.Would love to see it in action in RN Very Happy

Stanoz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't be angry for my newbie question. I have a new php-nuke site. I have finally learnt to insert pictures into the news module by tweaking the config.php file in my htdocs. I, however, have a very big problem with SEO because of the monotonous titles on the webpages of my php-nuke site. I have read what you guys have written above, but it all seems like Greek to me. :0(
I need automatic (or manual) alteration of page titles for SE spiders.
I don't know how to safely insert my <head> anywhere around <php> in the very first place. Please help this newbie.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A content management system like PHP-Nuke takes care of inserting the HEAD tags on your pages. Unfortunately, PHP-Nuke uses static titles, descriptions and keywords.

For several years, RavenNuke has dynamically generated titles based on content, and as of version 2.4 includes nukeSEO DH (Dynamic HEAD section tag generation), which generates title, META description and META keywords. You can learn more about nukeSEO DH Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! and Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!. nukeSEO DH also lets you override these important page attributes if you like.

nukeSEO DH is only available for Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!. RavenNuke is compatible with PHP-Nuke's themes, modules and most add-ons, but has been extensively tested and enhanced over the last several years. There are tools to assist in upgrading from PHP-Nuke to RavenNuke.

Stanoz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm downloading RavenNuke rightaway.

However, I just learnt via Wikipedia that "...Starting with version 1.0.0, the display of a copyright message on web pages is required in accordance with the GPL license section 2(c) and approved by the Free Software Foundation..."

Must I?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true for PHP-Nuke as well.

Stanoz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
I'm sorry, kguske, but I have to disagree with you on that one.
In PHP-Nuke, when you del the PHP-Nuke Topic Icon from the Icons Tab of the Site Admin Panel; the info related to the creator of PHP-Nuke is also automatically removed.
However, his info remains in the body of the code as comments. To legally remove this, I understand, payment is required.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2

Jump to: