nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doesn't see Forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anxiety35

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Doesn't see Forum Reply with quote

The main reason I got this module is because I was looking for a way to add an rss feed to my forums.

All the feeds seem to work except for the forum one though which says this when I try to preview the feed:
Quote:

There seems to be a problem with the server, sorry for the inconvenience.

I thought my MySQL tables might have been different, but I just checked, and they match the ones the script is calling, so I'm not sure why it can't make the feed.

Edit: Also, Not related to the forum problem, but when I try and add a feed to feedburner it gives an error and just adds backend.php. Am I possibly giving feedburner the wrong url? I'm giving it this one:

Quote:
http://{site}/modules.php?name=Feeds&fid=3&type=RSS2.0

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Doesn't see Forum Reply with quote

There is something different about your table than what nukeFEED is expecting. Please email or post the structure of your xx tables, and I'll take a look.

Feedburner might be using the feed defined in your HEAD section, so if you did not make changes to let nukeFEED display the feeds there, it might find the backend.php feed. But I agree - it doesn't make sense that it would override what you're giving it.

Anxiety35

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Doesn't see Forum Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure how to post the structure.
I think this is what you mean by structure though:
Quote:

bbcategories
cat_id cat_title cat_order

bbconfig
config_name config_value

bbforums
forum_id cat_id forum_name forum_desc forum_status forum_order forum_posts forum_topics forum_last_post_id prune_next prune_enable auth_view auth_read auth_post auth_reply auth_edit auth_delete auth_sticky auth_announce auth_vote auth_pollcreate auth_attachments

bbposts
post_id topic_id forum_id poster_id post_time poster_ip post_username enable_bbcode enable_html enable_smilies enable_sig post_edit_time post_edit_count

bbposts_text
post_id bbcode_uid post_subject post_text

bbtopics
topic_id forum_id topic_title topic_poster topic_time topic_views topic_replies topic_status topic_vote topic_type topic_last_post_id topic_first_post_id topic_moved_id

Alright, So I didn't post all of the bb tables, just the ones that looked like they might be needed for something like this. If you need to see others, let me know.

I took out the reference to backend.php in the header, and the reference to the nukeFEED script is there so the browser sees all the feeds. When I try and burn the feed I get this message:
Quote:
The URL does not appear to reference a valid XML file.

A couple other rss reader gave me errors with my feeds as well. Only firefox seems to be able to read it. Is there any other way to link to the feeds besides the default modules.php?name=Feeds&fid=3&type=RSS20?

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Doesn't see Forum Reply with quote

I should have been specific about the tables. I'll check to see if I can find something else.

Not sure why the other feeds appear invalid, but it's possible the content might affect it. One possible reason - your Feeds module is inactive?

Anxiety35

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Doesn't see Forum Reply with quote

Edit: Okay the problem was that it was inactive. I had forgotten how to activate modules (It's been a while). So, I activated it, and it still dodn't work. Went back a few hours later, and it was somehow inactive again. So I activated it and now the feeds work in feedburner.

Except for the forums one that is. It's still not putting the feed together at all.

Thanks for helping me out so far, I've got finals this weeks so I'm spotty, but do check here daily to see if there's any advice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeFEED (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: