nukeSEO.com - PHPNuke SEO Search engine optimization, professional tools including nukeSEO, nukeSPAM, nukeFEED, nukePIE, nukeWYSIWYG and more

. Welcome to nukeSEO.com  ! 

nukeSEO.com: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Results (Saturation, Link Popularity, Keyword Ranking) Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nooblet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Results (Saturation, Link Popularity, Keyword Ranking) Error Reply with quote

There are errors in Results (Saturation, Link Popularity, Keyword Ranking)

Here it is...

Quote:

Yahoo!

53 - 0.56 sec.tip: your "site:" query has been redirected to site explorer. you can continue to use normal web search

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Results (Saturation, Link Popularity, Keyword Ranking) E Reply with quote

The search engines change the way they display results from time to time, which caused this. I'm looking into a way to allow webmasters to configure that so we won't need to update the software. I believe the total is still correct, so even though it may not look pretty, the results are, in fact, correct. In the mean time, I'll get a quick fix for that out as soon as possible.

nooblet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Results (Saturation, Link Popularity, Keyword Ranking) E Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
The search engines change the way they display results from time to time, which caused this. I'm looking into a way to allow webmasters to configure that so we won't need to update the software. I believe the total is still correct, so even though it may not look pretty, the results are, in fact, correct. In the mean time, I'll get a quick fix for that out as soon as possible.

Ok.. thanks..

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Results (Saturation, Link Popularity, Keyword Ranking) E Reply with quote

Did some testing. The keyword search appears to be working correctly. However, on the link popularity and saturation, Yahoo has switched to a new Beta Site Explorer page.

I'll come out with a better long term solution, but the short term solution is easy.

In admin/modules/nukeSEO/nukeSEOlinkpop.php, change:
Code:
#   $source = 'http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=linkdomain%3A'.$target.'&sm=Yahoo%21+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1';

$source = 'http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&p='.$target.'&bwm=i&bwmf=s&searchbwm=Explore+URL';
#   $data['Yahoo!'] = array(fetchCount($source, 'of about', 9, 'for', "we didn't find any web pages"), $source);
   $data['Yahoo!'] = array(fetchCount($source, 'of about', 9, '-', "URL not found"), $source);

The important change is the 3rd parameter in the call to the fetchCount function (change from 'for' to '-'). The $source change is helpful, but currently not required as the page gets redirected to the new Site Explorer page by Yahoo...for now.

The same change is necessary in the admin/modules/nukeSEO/nukeSEOsaturation.php:
Code:
#   $source = 'http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=site%3A'.$target.'&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&fl=0&x=wrt';

$source = 'http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=UTF-8&p='.$target.'&bwm=p&bwmf=a&bwms=p&searchbwm=Explore+URL';
#   $data['Yahoo!'] = array(fetchCount($source, 'of about', 9, 'for', "we didn't find any web pages"), $source);
   $data['Yahoo!'] = array(fetchCount($source, 'of about', 9, '-', "we didn't find any web pages"), $source);

The function isn't working correctly when nothing is found, but I'll work on that when I get a chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nukeSEO.com Forum Index -> nukeSEO (tm) All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: